When you get the memo that you will be hosting the family holidays this year in Providence, it is normal to be a little stressed. As a million questions run through your mind and the unknown of how you’ll get everything done emerges, we are here to tell you that it can be a simple and organized season.
No matter if you are having five or 50 guests over for the holidays, these tips can help prepare you and your home to effortlessly look calm and collected.
- A storage-packed island will give you maximum space in the most important room during the holidays—the kitchen. You’ll have plenty of room for lots of kitchen helpers and good conversations. After a full day of cooking, a kitchen island with hidden nooks and crannies allows you to simply put all of the dishes away and say goodbye to your one-and-done pans.
- The holidays are the perfect time for you to dress up your fireplace with up-to-date design trends. This space can really set the celebratory mood for your whole home. Whether you want a television or various decorations hung above the mantel, the possibilities to add a personal touch are everywhere.
- Before the holidays is the perfect time to call in the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Providence to insulate and seal your windows. Keep your guests warm in those rooms you rarely use. Reduce the chilly drafts by adding insulation, or even replacement windows, to make sure everyone has a warm and comfortable holiday.
- Add some life in the dead of winter. Through this chilly season in Providence, you might struggle to find vibrant colors other than your friend’s ugly Christmas sweater or Grandma’s cookie frosting. Get creative with indoor plants and flowers —this will add some life and is a great outlet for a craft day.
- Whether you need more chairs around your table or you want a dedicated area for the kids to eat, make sure to provide enough easy seating and places to dine for your guests. Don’t forget about comfy places to settle after a big Thanksgiving dinner, either.
- Let’s be real, holiday food is the best. Touch up on your home, but also fine-tune your favorite recipes. When your food matches the beauty of your kitchen, your guests will want to come back to the best kitchen in Providence every year. If you don’t like cooking, put your effort into searching for festive plates to put tasty treats on.
- Before the holidays is the perfect time to check or install your smoke alarms. With all of the holiday madness going on, it is easy to be forgetful. No matter how great of a cook you are, sometimes things go wrong in the kitchen—it is better to be prepared and keep your guests safe.
- Asthe one of the most untouched areas of most homes, dining rooms finally get the action they deserve around the holidays. Whether you want a festive look or an elegant feel, there are infinite up-to-date design options you can take advantage of. Add anything from a grouping of candles to a bowl of pinecones to bring attention to the center of the table as a wintry statement piece.
- With bay windows you have endless possibilities to expand your space and utilize a nook. You can add tables, chairs or even a a bench that can store pillow and throws for chilly nights. Make a perfect spot to reflect on your holidays and enjoy a cup of hot chocolate after a successful celebration.
- Last, no matter how many projects you can fit in before the holidays, the most important part of the season is time with your loved ones. With the help of these tips, your home will be safe and comfortable. There isn’t a better time to feel at home in Providence than the holidays. Toss in some comfy throw pillows and enjoy.
For more help making your holiday season a little more cozy for your friends and family, stop in to see our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in our Providence showroom or reach us at 508-413-3004.