Fall is just around the corner in Providence, and as the temp begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our houses. Now is the perfect time to begin considering how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some fun fall accents for your replacement doors to reflect the ambiance of the season. Doors are usually the focal point of a home—they offer curb appeal and can make a strong impact on one’s first impression of a house. Here are some things to ponder when determining your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is beneficial when it comes to drawing eyes to your home’s doorway. There are many ways to create levels, including using decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other fun fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall offers us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should do the same. Gourds and pumpkins continually provide a tremendous pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a good option for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are always staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your entryway look unique and stylish. Some of the popular door hangers this fall include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a entertaining fall message to offer an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string a bunch together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of piling fall flowers into a basket, fill a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and hang it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they appear at your door
Use your replacement door as a canvas for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and unique curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating might include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Providence a call at 508-413-3004 or schedule an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a great time for a new front door and a new look!