Winter weather is just around the corner in Providence and when the temperature drops, the utility bills can often get higher. There are several things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort this winter, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are advantageous all year long, here are several of the benefits that storm doors provide during Providence winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an additional layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is a great way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are a few other ways to save some money around the house as the colder weather looms:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping isn’t secure, cold air can trickle in and influence your home comfort. If you have challenges with reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella Fall River experts a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to make a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, such as deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to sneak into your home. Consult with a professional to repair these issues before the winter hits Providence.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the team at Pella Windows and Doors in Providence a call at 508-413-3004 or stop by our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the colder season.