Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play an important role in the ambiance that guests have when arriving at your Providence home. When you decide it’s time to replace your doors, it typically means you are prepared to improve your home’s curb appeal or that you are just eager for a change in home mood. Either way, replacement doors are a big investment and call for a few things to remember. Lucky for you, the experts at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to think over before you determine the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Complete the style of your doorway with ornamental hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accentuate your door with a pop of color? Colors that match your current paint scheme are great and consistent, but colors that provide contrast to your scheme can make your home look unique!
- Experiment with lighting. People often underestimate the power of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re highlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, good lighting can bring an entire look together and feel cheerful and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The use of greenery around a doorway can also make a great first impression. Plants can shift attention to particular door details and divert attention away from other unfriendly features of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many added features that can add a lot to a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the correct accents, your door and home can receive a major facelift.
Accept guests into your home with an inviting doorway and make a wonderful first impression. Drop by the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Providence, give them a call at 508-413-3004 or schedule an appointment online to discuss all the selections for getting replacement doors to improve the look of your home.