The Architectural Sales Consultant is responsible for building the Pella brand within the architectural community as their premier choice for window and door solutions. Develop long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with architects and trade organizations. Responsible for generating architectural project specifications, sales lead hand-offs, and continuing education opportunities for current and potential Pella customers. Proactively originates new business relationships through networking, referrals and face-to-face meetings to drive maximum market penetration.
- Coordinate, promote and advance the visibility and presence of the entire Pella product line while maintaining a continual awareness of activity or news in the architectural and construction-related community. Actively represent Pella Windows & Doors at company-sponsored events, at professional group’s invitations to discuss and/or present Pella products, at trade association meetings, and at consumer home shows to promote Pella products. Actively involved in CSI, AIA and other relevant trade/industry bodies.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads. Makes outbound lead follow-up calls to potential and existing customers by telephone and email to qualify leads and projects.
- Able to present product demonstrations, accurately read, interpret and take-off blueprints, and to use electronic software and systems (PQM, MSOffice, etc.) to quote products for remodeling and new construction residential and commercial projects.
- Present Lunch and Learn educational programs to architects, engineers, general contractors, building owners and building managers.
- Calls on and follows-up on leads generated by Dodge reports, Reed Construction, Pella Corporation, and outstanding Pella proposals.
- Represents the organization at all times in a professional, competent manner, in keeping with the high ethical and cultural standards of the organization.
- Responding to client concerns and applies independent decision making while striving for first-time resolution on all client problems/issues.
- Maintaining exceptional level of expertise of products/services relating to Pella’s customers, as well as staying abreast of the competitive landscape.
- Educating customers on manufacturer installation guidelines and measuring of openings to ensure accuracy of product ordering and applications.
- Leveraging other Pella team members/departments to assist with specific product requirements.
- Strong CRM systems tools capabilities leveraged to managed all customer interactions and proactively communicate to customers.
- Occasionally working variable, non-traditional hours and making themselves available for customers during evenings and weekends.
- Responsible for their personal development and career development.
- Able to negotiate, build value and address objections towards advancing a sale
- Work collaboratively with Pella team members and customers
- Enjoys working in fast-paced environment with a high sense of urgency
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Energized by meeting and engaging new people, skilled networker
- Demonstrates confidence balanced with humility
- Tenacious, able to persevere through sales challenges and setbacks
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, flexible about hours, responsive to customer needs, willing to be available
- Excellent influencer- can sell something new, shift paradigms, convey the value proposition
- Seeks out internal experts and utilizes their knowledge
- Able to accurately read, interpret and take-off blueprints
- Adaptable to changing processes and priorities
- Works well without close supervision but always keeps their manager informed.
- Focused on details and follow through
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and smart devices, and ability to learn internal software programs and applications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Individual’s motor vehicle record must also comply with company requirements.
Language and Communication Skills
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Must present a clean and neat physical appearance and strictly abide by company dress code serving as a role model for other employees, customer and visitors.
Ability to solve practical and arithmetic problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to drive an automobile, stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds using proper lifting techniques. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment varies between low to moderate in administrative offices and to moderate on constructions sites.
The vast majority of travel will be local. Must be able to drive to showrooms, job sites and customer/contractor locations and required company functions at various locations. While performing the duties of this job must have valid driver’s license and must have vehicle for transporting yourself, computer, projector, samples and/or literature from home office to office’s in and around area of coverage.